Knitting box (Yarn holder and gauge)

I put this together as a last-minute Christmas gift for my sister. It has a ruler and needle gauge on one side, and then the swirl is to help hold yarn in place while you leave the yarn ball inside the box.

Base measures about 5x7. Proofgrade walnut ply

61 Likes

Cool idea, putting the gauges on the box!

4 Likes

Pretty and practical. Win.

3 Likes

Very nice! Haven’t knitted in about 39 years. (My son is turning 39). Although I enjoyed the projects I did, never picked up the needles again.

Too many crafts to try! I’m sure your sister loved it!

3 Likes

Oh yeah! My roommate is a knitter and I’m always looking for things I can do for her on the forge. That’s fabulous

2 Likes

What a great idea! My mother-in-law knits…

1 Like

Practical yet beautiful—it doesn’t get any better than this.

2 Likes

That is a beautiful box! Somehow I wish my brain did not default to this scene anytime I hear the word knitting. But now yours can too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love practical designs! I love the entirely artistic ones too, who am I kidding? But this is great and you just made me think about my Mom and so I need a minute and thank you.

4 Likes

That is great!!! I have been trying to get time to do the same thing! Very useful thing to have!

4 Likes

Very cool! I may have to make something like this for mother’s day!

2 Likes

Lol seen that movie lots of times, would have never made that connection

1 Like

My 12 year old daughter is getting into crocheting.

Very nice design.

1 Like

Wonderful idea!! My sister knits, and her birthday is coming up soon… though wonder if it would make her cats consider it a great toy trying to snag the yarn as it leaves the box?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. I hope to see you here again.

Love this!

Welcome! Love the idea! So much better than a yarn bowl.

1 Like

Graet idea putting the gauges on the side!

Thank you.

Lovely design and very practical!! Yarn users rejoice!! Such a great gift.