Knock off Designer Jewelry/Trinket box

Hey guys, so here is another one of my projects that I’m deciding to share. Please note that I will be including the files once I’ve made alterations. I have to make some changes in design to make the box more user friendly and not necessarily need glue…as the glue tends to tarnish the surface.

Inspiration was drawn from someone on Etsy who has a laser cut file for a jewelry box. I am currently making that design into something more better and less wasteful. Enjoy the pictures.

Credit where credit is due—The designer of the original box is the fantastic Cartonus => https://cartonus.com/
There are lots of free laser templates on that site—but this one is from their Etsy shop, and is not free.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238869117/jewelry-box-vector-template-for-laser

This box is not for sale, it is merely an artists rendition of the popular brand. I plan to keep this item for my self.

32 Likes

I like the way you are keeping the cover shut. I have not seen that before. Have you thought of using Scigrip 3 or for to join the acrylic?

I have not! I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

I was reluctant to try it but now use nothing else.

You did a beautiful job!

3 Likes

do you mind sharing your file. love this for my sister.

2 Likes

How do I download this file?

1 Like

In the posting they say they will be posting the files after some alterations have been made. Will need to check back later once it has been updated.

3 Likes

Moved to Made on Glowforge as original posting nor any following don’t have any files attached.

FYI The rules do state that the first post must contain a file, and zip files work fine here.

1 Like

I just put up link to my dropbox! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, can we move it back? I updated it…?

2 Likes

Done & Done

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Credit where credit is due—The designer of the original box is the fantastic Cartonus => https://cartonus.com/
There are lots of free laser templates on that site—but this one is from their Etsy shop, and is not free.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/238869117/jewelry-box-vector-template-for-laser

3 Likes

Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Ok so I don’t get it.

Did you repost a paid design in the free section of the GF forum?

3 Likes

@mdvela1 I believe it is against forum rules to ask someone to share their work/design with anyone or to the forum for free.

I believe it is in place to protect the designer’s feelings and to keep a respect gate up. Someone may take offense to us novices,(I am in no way shape or form saying you are a newbie, I am speaking of the beginners that do ask) asking to share their hard work, creative mind, and time-- FOR FREE, especially when they make a living off of their designing skills.

Believe me, I did not understand it at first. But I respect it FULLY now. I would never want to disrespect someone’s creativeness! They deserve all recognition mentally, heartfully, and financially! I learned that the minute I installed design software after design software, thinking there had to be one that was a lot more simple than the last. One that I could just jump on, with no kind of designing training or knowledge, and just start creating! But fail, after fail, after fail… I realized how much recognition one deserves!

And of course, I had already asked someone to share their design for free & I was quickly corrected. And at the time, I was like a little kid, crossing my arms, sulking, pouting, and my lip pouched out. Saying “How Rude!” But soon after I realized the importance. HAHAH It is definitely not easy!

4 Likes

@jgarza1610 You really don’t want to post someone else’s work. It’s nice, but it isn’t something they want shared.

2 Likes

I am really sitting here trying to map this out in my brain as well. I have went back and read. And started over. Went back and clicked on the links. And came back and re-read everything again.

I am still like “what just happened” LOL

What I posted was my own rendition of the box. If you would like to purchase the box, go on Etsy and purchase it blank. Otherwise, feel free to admire my box…I have altered dimensions to make do for what I need and added artwork. Do I also need to include that I used a paid software (adobe illustrator) and also used my laptop (MAC)?..

I was in the wrong for not posting the box creators link in the first place but if you read the messages you will see that it took me a week or two to post the designs…and as soon as I got notice that I forgot to put Etsy link, I put it in.

I do understand and get what you are saying…I’m thinking I should have this post moved back to made on glow forge and not on the free listings here…and remove the school files so nobody has access to it unless they purchase the box file.

Personally, I thought it was fine because I didn’t share the exact file. I altered it and changed it to fit my needs along with artwork…now I know that there is a thin line…thanks for the support everyone!

1 Like