Knowing nothing

in my lifetime, knowing nothing for once has put me at peace. Making stuff with a laser is so cool…yet I have absolutely nothing with which to compare…about lasers, about software, about designing. I am a blank slate for learning everything, but honestly cannot complain about much of anything. I am enjoying this!

33 Likes

Glowforge is a perfect laser for that application.

5 Likes

From what I have observed here an intelligent person without too many preconceived ideas Does best with the :glowforge:.

8 Likes

I always get the feeling that I have more in common with you than many others here. Except you tend to verbalize what I’m feeling/thinking. :wink:

It’s so much fun to whip things up! Last night I inlayed a metal strip into some draftboard. Got the setting right first try! And I kinda went “Hmm! Looks like I really am picking this up pretty well!” And my customer was blown away by the result. And now I’m about to make a whole bunch of Christmas gifts. Yep! Glowforge is worth it!

8 Likes

I concur! Right there with you, I think our complete ignorance of this technology made us prime representatives of their intended target market. I think we (and others in that group) gave them a good sample and measure of their success in making the glowforge a plug and play experience.
I feel safe in saying there has never been a laser of this capability that had a complete novice burning a file within the first 15 minutes of touching it for the first time.

Even knowing nothing, we have seen enough of the trials of others aligning mirrors and having to tweak settings to appreciate our good fortune in investing in this project. :sunglasses:

5 Likes