Lady Liberty and a Bald Eagle walk into a bar

I know someone’s project deserves to be on the Glowforge Instagram… outstanding mate!

4 Likes

Ohmygosh, this is amazing! So looking forward to the tutorial!

2 Likes

Looking at it now, I don’t know that using that method was any better than just using the black and white adjustment tools. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m going to need to recreate this and see what it looks like. I wasn’t kidding about the allergy meds - this last front killed me (and on a separate note - had 25 degrees here. I don’t remember it ever freezing before Halloween. Crazy stuff!)

1 Like

That is awesome work!

1 Like

Ha. Not worthy of that. No artistry involved; the Glowforge did the hard work and heavy lifting.

2 Likes

Glowforge provided the box, you thought outside of it!
:wink:

9 Likes

For a minute i was confused cause i thought the white button looking thing was supposed to be engraved. Then I realized that the coin is wood and was blown away. That is beautiful.

1 Like

That button is one that you will grow to love pushing!

1 Like

Pretty. I’m curious what direction you were engraving: there appear to be vertical stripes in the photo, but were those vertical in the machine, or did you engrave it 90º from the way it’s shown here?

I’m wondering if it’s related to the stripes I see on laser tile. Some kind of mechanical ringing, perhaps? But if they’re just lines from the engrave pattern, never mind.

“Head up” - basically as portrayed in the pictures but more precise.

1 Like

Wooden nickels have been on my list since Day 1. Hoping to make some for my dad’s model railroad club. He’s 85 so I’m a little worried he’ll retire from the club before I get a chance.

4 Likes

Why not cut as you go? Cut out the top 180 degrees when you cut the front, and the bottom 180 degrees out when you do the back.

Oh, and I forgot to mention…I am going to send Dan a bag of these to pay for my second Glow Forge. He’ll never know the difference…

4 Likes