Lake Engraving Studies with Epoxy Resin Inlay

I’ve been experimenting with these and hoping to get to a point where I can sell existing/customized orders.

The Lakes are traced in Illustrator then engraved on the Glowforge. The pigmented resin is added in several layers (base "sealant: layer, deep blue base layer, and the final layers once the base layer is cured.

I’m currently working on some studies for the Prismatic Spring at Yellowstone National Park, which will be engraved in figured maple. Stay tuned ;).

37 Likes

Gorgeous! Love your multicolor water process.

4 Likes

Thank you very much…I’m still working on controlling the epoxy pours…lots to learn ;).

2 Likes

Please don’t take this as super negative, but does a 22,000 sq. mile lake need 12-ft location precision?

It’s a beautiful piece…

2 Likes

Thank you efly…and yes, makes sense on the coordinates. This is an early study (my 3rd attempt at an epoxy pour)…I was less focused on the content and more focused on technique/typography.

Content on customized orders will be at the buyers’ discretion, as long as the character count is practical.

7 Likes

This looks great

4 Likes

This is a beautiful piece.

1 Like

Your resin work is outstanding! All that effort really paid off.

1 Like

Love the resin work! Beautiful work!

1 Like

What brand of epoxy did you use for this? And how long did you let the “seal” layer cur before you poured your other layers?