Lambeau Field... because someone asked

Like the title says, someone was looking for a file and not finding one. My insomnia said ‘Hey, I can do that!’… so here we are. The base is 6 inches square, 5 layers of PG Medium Maple plywood, with a processing time just over 10 minutes.

Now that I’m obsessed with miniature stadiums, I am working on a file for Arrowhead stadium which will be followed by Three Rivers and so on… :slight_smile:

Edit: For those interested in purchasing this or any of the stadium and landmark files that I make, feel free to message me for additional details and purchasing.

Thank you.

84 Likes

That’s clever with the 3d effect

5 Likes

I love the “hmmm, I can make that” feeling. Very nice work; I hope you post the others as well.

I just noticed the details at the upper RH and lower LH corners…nice touch.

9 Likes

Frozen Tundra! Nice and Go Pack!

4 Likes

Beautiful job.

4 Likes

I have loved all the river/lake depth maps. Now you take it the other way! Love the 3D of the stadium!! It looks beautiful too!

8 Likes

Love the depth look of that!

3 Likes

I love the 3d effect.

The company I work for sells and installs video equipment to stadiums. I’ve had the pleasure of visiting some of the newer mega-stadiums. I recently went to Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta. It’s gorgeous. It has a roof that opens up like an Iris.

It might make for a really interesting model for the type of thing your doing.

Then there’s the new SoFi stadium in LA that just opened. That one is really nice too. Although there is something to be said about the aestetics of older stadiums too.

Keep up the great work.

11 Likes

Cant wait to see Arrowhead. Go CHIEFS!

6 Likes

If someone wanted to make something similar of another stadium for their husband for Christmas, what would one google to get them started to help with dimensions, elevation, etc?

Asking for a friend :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ticket sales seat maps… and maps of the venue itself.

2 Likes

I start with Google Maps, grab a screenshot of the stadium and area then start tracing. Most design software has the ability to trace a .jpeg file and convert to vectors, but I find that I spend more time cleaning up the resulting image than if I were to simply trace the features that I want to use.

I try to keep things simple, so the surrounding features will be sparse, but spend more time on the smaller details which add to the finished image.

I started Arrowhead Stadium after making this post, the two attachments served to provide the bulk of what I needed to break out the required layers and decide which elements of the actual building would be included, and where.

13 Likes

Arrowhead Stadium is done! :slight_smile:

30 Likes

I need more likes for this!! That is really cool!

7 Likes

That is fantastic. Thank you for showing us this one.

5 Likes

Or if someone wanted Lambeau for their hubby for Christmas… Also asking for a friend. :rofl:

7 Likes

Way cool! It looks like you have a total of 9 layers, did I count correctly?

Your approach to where to emphasize detail plays nicely into how the eye sees. Our brain tells us that everything is in focus, but it lies. Only the central field of vision is focused, the rest of the perceived focus is concocted in the brain.

4 Likes

The Lambeau Field model has a total of 5 layers, from the base to the top of the scoreboards. The Arrowhead model has a total of 6 layers from bast to the top of the stadium seating.

5 Likes

I would seriously, like seriously, buy a template for the Lambeau Field design. And if you’d like to do one for Citi Field, I’d buy that too (wink. wink. hint. hint.) :blush:

2 Likes

If you ever feel the desire to do a template for Dodger Stadium, I am very interested!!

3 Likes