Laptop Wood Cover- Kickstarter

1 Like

Very cool. I’m not an Apple guy otherwise I might have had to get one.

2 Likes

I definitely don’t like the logo in the middle. Interesting idea, though, and easily replicable on the GF.

1 Like

I don’t either, but, there is a custom logo option. Just something for us to keep in our back pocket.

Sure, sure.

1 Like

Beautiful laptop skin! And it’d make me a little less nervous to laser cut (and etch) a skin than the laptop directly. Doesn’t look too hard, either - veneer is easy to buy, though I am not sure what adhesive they’re using. Rubber cement ought to work, though I’m sure they’re doing something better than that…

1 Like

They said that it’s removable so I’m not sure cement is what it is…

Well they did say that it’s a 3M tape, and 3M makes some really really thin tapes.
Check out their catalog here:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Electronics_NA/Electronics/Products/Electronics_Product_Catalog/~/Double-Sided-Tapes?N=8704966&rt=r3

4 Likes

There ya go!!! Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Oooo I like those. Easy enough to replicate ;).

What? Us replicate someones other product? Never… Tehe :wink:

Did I say that? I meant reciprocate, yeah. Financially and stuff. Never would I use my laser cutter to do it myself for free =P

1 Like

Of course not. Neveeerrr…

There’s a number of folks doing this - @tony got a similar phone wrap from a different company. Of course, you can do all sorts of neat stuff once you’ve got your glowforge. Have you seen Tony’s laptop wrap? I think it’s in the images on our homepage.

Also, we’ll definitely stock veneer backed with 3M adhesive (the stuff these use) in our materials shop.

8 Likes

You have no idea how excited I am that you’ll be stocking those @dan!!

And yet another project gets added to my ever-growing list of Things to Make With My Glowforge :grinning:

That will be a really nice add-on to the shop. Harder to find than some of the other materials we generally lase.

2 Likes