So this is one of the largest creatures I’ve made, comes in at 19" tip to tip on the points. It’s a higher order stellation of a dodecahedron, I forget which one, maybe 6th? The overall model consists of 780 pieces (actually 787 now that I consider the hanging platform shown below), and took about 3 hours to assemble.
I decided I wanted to hang this one, so I devised a special platform in one of the points. An eyelet screws into that central hole and then a string can thread out the top of the point. The end result worked perfectly.
Moravian stars are (oddly) both less complicated and more difficult to assemble than this. The tricky part with moravians is that they have really tight inner angles and a high degree of axial symmetry, so they want to fall apart as you’re trying to assemble them. I didn’t like the moravian result and so I don’t think I ever posted it.