Laser-cut acrylic bending jig

Oh, the possibilities…

27 Likes

Oh, I like this! I’ve seen acrylic bending jigs, but this is the first one I’ve seen that’s laser cut. I like that! I would probably add degree marks on the sides!

8 Likes

Great idea and should be a piece of cake to add to the cut file.

2 Likes

It really would be!

Can’t stop seeing uses for polymagnets. That wing-nut is just soooo 20th century.

2 Likes

That is simple genius!

@bridget I love magnets as much as the next [insert whatever loves magnets a lot here}, but for the ability to withstand shear in that design a wingnut is the better choice. A set of magnets strong enough to hold against you pushing on the acrylic (even when soft) is going to suck up every tool on your workbench!

8 Likes

Damn you and your advanced understanding, I hate you.
NO, I love you!
NO, I hate you!
NO, I lo…
:grinning:

3 Likes

That is cool. Now somebody design one with variable radius as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would want to have the wingnut/locking component be another rod straight through. Sure, it means you have to loosen/tighten on both sides, but it also means you can afford to apply force. Sure, you should not need to force acrylic to bend along the heated seam… but I always do ><

Noob question, what is it used for? :slight_smile:

Angle-control when using heat to bend acylic

7 Likes

@dwardio,
All I see is a book holder for the bath.

3 Likes

@pomwah I was thinking along those lines with regard to @bridget’s comment about magnets. As others mentioned, not strong enough for a jig, but design could be used as an adjustable book/tablet stand.

1 Like