Laser-cut hair accessories!

This weekend, I attended a swanky gala for a nonprofit that I love and decided to accessorize with a fun hair piece (see below!). You wouldn’t believe how many complements I got, and how many double-takes people did when I mentioned that I “made them with a laser - a Glowforge to be precise.” Many many thanks to @Shell for the beautiful designs.

58 Likes

These types of things are what my Wife is most excited about. They look Awesome!

6 Likes

Very nice!
Thank you for sharing your work, you too @Shell!

4 Likes

Very Nice! Love to see examples actually cut on a Glowforge!

5 Likes

Love those! Fabulous design!:smiley:

4 Likes

That’s great! My wife would love it. I designed something along that line for my wife years ago and planned to make it with a wood burning pen and a jigsaw but never did. It’s been on my project list for my Glowforge since I first placed my order.

3 Likes

What do you call the things that are leather and a stick for long hair? Well, I have some ideas for geek women that I need to flesh out.

4 Likes

They usually are just called ponytail barrettes I believe ( 3 sisters)

9 Likes

That is exciting to see…just one more great idea! Thank you for sharing

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Yeah, I was overthinking.

2 Likes

My first thought was “… a cow impaled on a branch…” but that just seemed too wrong…

8 Likes

@mstruve Are those just attached like barrettes? ( the "hardware/clip"glued on the back?)

Yep! They’re just glued on to bobby pins.

3 Likes

Beautiful !

2 Likes

Soooo cool! Next make some wings! And Butterflies…

1 Like

Here you go.

19 Likes

Dang it! Those are great! (Was working on a butterfly…now I’m not going to bother.):neutral_face:

4 Likes

How lovely! That’s just the kind of small item I’m excited about making.

3 Likes

Ooh, it would be cool to take some old zoological drawings that are out of copyright and use those to make jewelry!

16 Likes