Laser engrave everything

is best!

I etched cork bonded to leather, and it was thicker cork layer typical for “fabric”, but I used settings for “thick leather”, so likely “thin leather” may work–but do TEST. Each supplier may have different specs and if it’s colored/coated or not may also affect the appearance–as well as simply difference is what look you want vs. what I wanted…

2 Likes

I’m wondering about velvet. A deeper velvet than the tilt graphics did

Welcome to the forum.

I imagine with an incredibly light touch (like you’d use on paper) you could get a nice voided/burnout velvet.

Yeah - something like this: https://youtu.be/X2bGkvZmet4?t=58

1 Like

I’ve worked with velvet and it was really tricky! I kept burning down to the base of the netting. But with a few more tries, I could have really dialed it in. I got it pretty close. I’m also learning that applying some Easy Tack to a board or a piece of acrylic (and letting it fully dry) and applying the fabric to the board keeps it from wrinkling. It’s almost like the sheet you might use with a cricut.

2 Likes

Good to know!

Yeah, folks here talk about Seklema mats (and homemade versions) and one intrepid user created a vacuum crumb tray all to keep thin materials from getting away :slight_smile:

Yay! Can’t wait to see it!!

I’d like to see some sandstone, slate — if you didn’t already have it on your list— and/or any type of stone that might be used for a yard decoration or at your doorstep, etc. :smiley:

1 Like

Do a search on here - there’s lots of slate, plus a multitude of other rock like objects.

Thanks @deirdrebeth ! Will do. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cured Polymer clay is a PVC - DON’T

2 Likes

Hi- aren’t you Mags Bonham? Have a couple of videos from Craftcast of yours. I have really enjoyed them!

Yes I am! Thanks for taking my classes. I am glad you enjoyed them.
I am working on a new one right now…using polymer clay to recreate vintage ornaments. I have another in mind that could pertain to the GF. Just don’t know if we can get it on the schedule in time or Christmas.

2 Likes

You can be sure I’ll keep an eye out for it!

And Happy Cake Day @mags! :tada: :partying_face:

1 Like