Laser Engraving Laptops

Interesting run through on engraving a Dell laptop.

Hopefully it will be easier on a Glowforge…

Not sure if automatic recognition of electronic devices (e.g. iPhones, Macbooks, etc) is still part of deliverable functionality). Hopefully the Glowforge will have settings for engraving anodised aluminium. :grinning:

43 Likes

wow!!! that is awesome

2 Likes

looks great!

3 Likes

The number of clients who want something unique for their laptop will be keeping me very busy.

Thankfully the number of dead laptop they have had will make good practice to get it right.:wink:

7 Likes

This is what I’m waiting for my GlowForge for. I like it!

5 Likes

I’ll definitely be doing that. Nice thing is I have access to a ton of shells at work for me to test with before I do it to one of my real laptops.

Thanks for the share!

6 Likes

:slight_smile: cool share.
I love that the image he used is from Orphan Black!

I’m letting my husband hang on to the bricked ipad for this precise reason. Practice first, play second.

2 Likes

what happened to the ipad? it’s extraordinarily unusual for an ipad to actually be bricked…

Kids.
Dropped without damaging the case or the glass. It started spontaneously restarting. Got more frequent. Exhibited new glitches and hang ups. Eventually wouldn’t turn on unless you held your mouth just right. Then stopped altogether.

1 Like

ahaha oh nooooo. well, that explains it; kids are often the answer to “unbreakable” anything, really. :smiley:

5 Likes

Did you ever do tests and find good settings to use?

This would be a great topic for a new thread in the Beyond the Manual section - forum rules are that manual settings can only be discussed there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.