Laser etched rolling pin

yeah can’t argue with results. I honestly expected deeper when I saw them.

It works with the shortbread cookie dough best. No levening so they dont rise or puff up. I had my doubts until I rolled it on the dough. And yes, I did a little dance when I saw that it worked…:smirk::smile:

9 Likes

Of course you have a mental image of the goal, but the exuberance that comes with success cannot be contained!

3 Likes

What’s really important is how do we get some of the cookies? :grinning:

7 Likes

Awesome, I was wondering how that would turn out.

1 Like

I am a Far Seer in my spare time…Prognosticator? Prophet? Observer of the Obvious? :laughing:

(They look delish…I love shortbread.)

1 Like

Ha ha ha​:smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: They WERE good…lol. Just made a dozen to make sure it worked so they went fast.

4 Likes

That is awesome

This looks fantastic! It’s one of the nicest lasered rolling pins I’ve seen, and certainly the most original.

5 Likes

I may have to order one of these from you! Have you seen this Make article? It’s 3D printed rollers for cookies but I think that we can cut a natural rubber sheet and wrap it round a roller until the Glowforge 2.0 comes out with greater z-depth and add-on rollers for such goodies.
http://makezine.com/2013/03/06/escher-cookies-with-3d-printed-rollers/

3 Likes

Those are pretty cool! It looks like they can get a much deeper design. Unfortunatly the laser that has the rotary tool is the 25w so its limited in depth on the wood. I didnt feel it necessary to get the rotary fIxture for the 35w since it was $850… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think it would be amazing with fondant.

3 Likes

Yes I agree…was thinking also trying it with my ravioli…lol

4 Likes

Did you do this on a glowforge? If so, what rolling mechanism did you use?

No, this was done on my Universal laser…most rolling pins won’t fit in the Glowforge.

That is what I figured. I have found some that are 2" but would need to somehow get them to roll to print???

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 25 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.