Laser flute YouTube link

I’m seeing the same problem with the circles. If you look in the layer details there are actually 5 circles superimposed on one another in the center of that one piece. I think what must have happened is that he did a Center command on the pieces not realizing that they were not grouped, so they all centered in the middle of that top piece. That means that none of the pieces (rectangular, circular, whatever) are actually in the right place.

So @gernreich, we need a corrected version please!

Thanks!

1 Like

Yep the block is the part that is stair stepped and is tied onto the flute. The air block (which I now think I should have done as one piece is the two vertical pieces.

yup I centered without realizing my folly :smiley:

1 Like

Edit the markup tag by putting some more zeros on the H and W numbers. It will increase its size.

NAF_flatjoints

2 Likes

Here is the main flute body with no finger joints which is how I originally made them before I had the laser, also the one with the finger joints. Both are correctly scaled now.

Thanks @marmak3261 It worked great to change width and height to zeros :slight_smile:
NAF_flatjoints|0x0NAF|0x0

1 Like

Sorry forgot to mention the design / hole placement. I bought some Native American Flute making books years ago and have since given them away and forgotten their names, BUT :smiley: I have an old flute and a caliper :japanese_ogre:

1 Like