Laser has been quiet lately. But life has not

We don’t do a ton of hiking. The hardest part is going from 800ft sea level to 12-14000 ft. Definitely tell a huge difference. We try to go out early and acclimate for at least a day. We have been there once before but didn’t get to the crest. We camp in the wilderness when we go…back to nature!

4 Likes

Yes definitely hard with that elevation change. Sounds like you have some experience though, enough to know how to try to avoid illness I’ve heard stories of people coming here and not giving their bodies enough time to acclimate. That always freaks me out! Lol what type of camping? Tent? I’ve decided I’m too old for tent camping ROFL but my daughter’s make a wishcamper is still waiting for repairs to be done, can’t believe it. I’m debating just doing part of them, but I don’t know (hail damage). We haven’t been camping forever, waiting on it. I think I need to go soon lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can believe it. It seems to take much better pics than my Samsung. Maybe I need to study the different features on my phone to take better pics. All I know is if I use “nighttime,” it lightens everything up instead, so even trying to take pictures of a beautiful full moon doesn’t work.

2 Likes

In the wilderness we did tent camping. No bugs and no humidity (contrary to Missouri!). Locally we have a big fifth wheel we use to camp.

4 Likes

No bugs?? Wow!

2 Likes

Great photos!! What a fun memory to share. Wishing your son safe travels!

2 Likes

Fun Times right there.

my family was in that area this past weekend at the NatureReliance.org wilderness safety/survival level one course. the rain was insane, for the wife and daughters it was their first time even camping.
but I tell you whatt, we can build a shelter, and make a damn fire with wet wood in the rain.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.