Laser Inspired Recipes (Or your favorites)

I have alllllll of the ingredients…i will be making these tomorrow! :yum:

2 Likes

Annnnnnd the chicken! :yum:

2 Likes

When thinking in recipes, GF totally means gluten free.
I came from another topic in the forum to this discussion, and BOOM! We have GF recipes and I’m reading GF=Glowforge… as it MUST on this forum.
Hardwoods are getting more and more edible, and foods made with rice flour are in ever more peril of being mistaken for laser fodder.

3 Likes

This was actually my goto recipe for gluten free bread. I cant find my notes on my modifications😞 but it makes good cheese garlic bread, onion bread and raisin bread too. Just mix the additions in before the rising… I would usually add a bit more liquid for the raisins and layer in some cinnamon sugar too

3 Likes

You know what they say about pigs “You can eat everything except the oink”.

4 Likes

The perfect bread recipe is what i seek - you can only eat so many corn tortillas and oatmeal before you just give up…I’ll look forward to trying it.

1 Like

I didnt teally care for it non toasted…but then again I love toast…lol but my friend loved it!!

1 Like

When I make large batches of pulled pork bbq I cut the pork loin into 1" chunks and cook it that way, I still cook overnight but when it’s time to shred all you have to do is add bbq sauce and stir and it shreds itself

4 Likes

These are some wonderful recipes! Because I like you folks I’ll share my top secret recipe for the spice mix I use when grilling pork steaks (pork shoulder sliced into ~3/4" steaks). It might even be gluten free (are spices gluten free?)

Ingredients:

2 ½ tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried lemon peel
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground oregano
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon ground coriander or Tandoori Masala

Directions:

Mix all spices together in mortar and pestle, grind a little, then transfer to a shaker bottle. To use for grilling pork steaks, shake seasoning generously over both sides of pork steaks, let sit 10 minutes, then grill about 3-4 minutes per side on medium-high grill, for a pork steak about 3/4" thick.

7 Likes

If they are pure spices, generally they are gluten free…:grin:

sounds very tasty! :relaxed:

Mmm mouse killer cookies. :mouse::smiling_imp::cookie:

1 Like

Deep fried gefilte fish

4 lbs ground tuna
2 sheets matzoh
2 large onions
6 eggs
Lots of salt, pepper, and curry powder

Put everything in the blender except the tuna. Then mix it with the tuna. Drop the tuna in balls into a deep fryer at 375, cook for 90 seconds.

Serve with southeast asian curry sauce…

7 Likes

This is a dangerous topic for me. Just out of high school I went to cooking school and was a chef for 7 years. I could probably drop a recipe here for every week we are waiting for our forges :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Done properly calamari should be melt in your mouth tender. Not many places do it properly. You either fry it for a second or braise it forever. Mentioning rubbery restaurant calamari to Italian mothers and grandmothers in New Jersey is a guaranteed way to start a rant.

Shuckers in Seattle did it properly when I was there - also, awesome happy hour oysters.

4 Likes

Well?

1 Like

I’ll have to find my recipe books at home!
One of my ideas for the forge is to have recipes engraved on a durable material so they’re easy to read and pretty much impervious to stains.

7 Likes

And the problem with that idea is…??? :smile:

Come on…expert input is highly encouraged!

2 Likes

Do it in edge-lit acrylic and you’ve got yourself a pretty awesome recipe file.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome