Laser Marking spray $ per oz

About a year ago I purchased a 12oz can of Laserbond 100 laser marking spray. Similar to Cermark or Brilliance black laser marking products for metal. Made a very quick test of the product with my GF laser and it appeared to work great. Recently I needed to mark a few metal tags. Retrieved the can of laser spray and for some unknown reason all of the propellant had leaked, and If I turned the can upside down the remaining liquid would drip out. Not saying anything against the product. It was likely a rare problem. But that was a waste of $69. Or was it?

I found an empty hand sanitizer gel bottle and saved almost the full 12 oz of liquid from the damaged aerosol can. It works great with a small art brush on metal. Precise control, no worry about wasted product through overspray, and the final result was perfect.

I can purchase a 12oz aerosol spray can of the product for $69, or a 50 gram (1.76oz) bottle of the liquid for $54.95. Obviously I need to figure out how to easily drain propellant from an aerosol can and save the liquid.

8 Likes

usually the easiest way is to turn it upside down and spray. then all the liquid is not near the input.

1 Like

Yep. Assumed that. Guessing the easiest way to drain the liquid is to punch a hole after the aerosol is gone? Something failed in the original can. I was able to pour the liquid directly out after removing the nozzle.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.