Laser safe glue

Hey there guys. Hope everyone is doing well on here and lookin forward to Christmas. So here’s my question.

I’m making a leather bandana mask. I want to line the underside with a soft fleece fabric so it doesn’t itch my face while I wear it. And I’ve realized it’s going to be very hard to hold the fleece lining even with the leather while stitching it and keeping alignment proper.

So I had the idea of glueing the fleece fabric to the leather completely than cutting out the mask shape. Yes I’m also laser cutting a stitch line also.

So, does anyone on here know of a glue that will be safe to use once I’m ready to glue the fabric to leather than cut it out?

Thanks very much everyone !!! :blush:

2 Likes

Great idea! I’ve used Odif 505 spray adhesive to fix fabric in place to sacrificial plywood to cut and engrave (scorch) quilting material. Shoot- I use it to increase the grip of transfer paper when making my own GoofGrade :tm: from cheap plywood. Haven’t had a problem in the past 4+ years.

I bet this would work for you!

4 Likes

Almost every glue is laser safe once it’s dry. Things like contact cement are very flammable when they’re still liquid but once dry they are no problem at all.

4 Likes

If you want it to be a permanent fixture - I’d imagine Tear Mender would be a good choice

2 Likes

Tearmender is a great choice, works well, cheap and easy to find all over.
If you find it’s too watery (can bleed through fabrics) Aquilim 315 Water-Based Contact Adhesive is also wonderful. Many leather suppliers carry it in the US now.

1 Like

Great thanks very much I didn’t know that!!

Perfect I’ll look into that. Thanks again.

Thank you I appreciate it.

Cool just looked it up now. Thanks very much.

1 Like

All the answers said Fabric Glue.
And for everything else I have this posted behind bOb

6 Likes

Great thanks for the chart I’m saving this to the camera roll thanks a bunch

Here’s a link to the original.

2 Likes

Thanks again James =]