Laser tattoo

preachin’ to the choir, bub.
Granted, I haven’t re-read Dune since adolescence.

as for CG extravaganzas… meh. Give me CG that I don’t notice until after the fact. Use it sparingly for when the same thing in traditional effects or costuming is impossible. Otherwise, build an actual set and blow it up. Way too much of the movie (for many of the recent blockbuster CGI thingies) is giant sweeping pans of indistinguishable armies that is unwatchable on anything but a huge high-def screen.

6 Likes

I thought that was the glowforge passthru slot for a second looking at the screen grab… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another “Don’t do this on a Glowforge” warning to be added to the manual!!!

4 Likes

I think the gom jabbar is an apt reference. And I did appreciate the Lynch movie. It missed, but at times it caught exactly what I felt when I first read the book. The acting and staging was a distraction, but in the end the casting was excellent. I stayed up with a few of the many sequels and then it just got pretty boring and predictable. “obscure” yes, to outsiders all classic science fiction is obscure.

Now if this movie had been made, wowzer:

7 Likes

there’s a great documentary on that.

2 Likes

also all this dune talk inspired today’s clothing choice

10 Likes

They probably watched Starship Troopers and thought to themselves, “Their laser gives them tattoo’s, why not our laser?” :laughing:

5 Likes

Harkonnen - Boo!!!

3 Likes

look i can tell which way the wind blows

HE WHO CONTROLS THE SPICE, CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE!

5 Likes

Nobody controls us !!!

11 Likes

Aaauuuuuuggggghhhhhh!

Need eye bleach.:dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Hahha, posh spice was beautiful, now she looks like an alien

Since a simple blu ray writer can convert graphene oxide into conductive graphene might a tattoo based on it have special properties such as use as a sensor web?

1 Like

Internal or external sensors? If you could get some small enough accelerometers I could picture a tattoo that hooked to your phone that worked as a gesture sensor.

1 Like

A cross between El Topo and Dune? What could go wrong?