Laser tattoo

this video is brought to you by: vodka

23 Likes

That was spectacularly Darwinian

8 Likes

Of course it had to be russianā€¦

4 Likes

As someone who has his wrist up to his elbow tattooedā€¦ sweet jesus that look like it hurtā€¦

11 Likes

I think @jrnelson was right about the vodkaā€¦probably 2 liters or more! :scream: - Rich

4 Likes

That may not win a Darwin award, but It should latest deserve an honorable mention :smile:

4 Likes

I dunno, look quicker and less painful than a regular tatoo - and just think of the resolution!!!

I wonder how long it lasts?

2 Likes

ā€œWhatā€™s that smell? Oh, Cool! You got a new tattoo with that retro greyscale look.ā€

5 Likes

quicker, maybe, but iā€™m not sure the effect is any better - the laser may have a nice digital resolution but itā€™s going to blur from the scarring and healing.

i think how long it lasts depends on your laser power setting. higher power = worse scarring and pain = longer lasting. on low power youā€™d just scab up and heal with no lasting effects.

from an instructable about laser tatting:

" ā€™ ā€œWhatā€™s in the box?ā€

ā€œPain.ā€ He felt increased tingling in his hand, pressed his lips tightly together. How could this be a test? he wondered. The tingling became an itchā€¦ The itch became the faintest burningā€¦ It mounted slowly: heat upon heat upon heatā€¦ . The burning! The burning! He thought he could feel skin curling black on that agonized hand, the flesh crisping and dropping away until only charred bones remained.ā€™

This excerpt from Dune exactly describes the feeling of getting a tattoo burned into skin using a laser cutter; however, this is just the feeling. When sight, smell, and sound are added, the process turns out to be quite an experience."

13 Likes

I love the internet. Not only has someone done a laser tattoo, someone has videod it and someone has described using obscure 1960ā€™s sci-fi literature as a reference

The world is such a wonderful place :slight_smile:

12 Likes

No.

2 Likes

iā€™m not sure how obscure iā€™d say dune is but i agree with everything else haha

2 Likes

Iā€™m mostly just impressed by his pain tolerance.

2 Likes

only been released once as a film and once as a tv seriesā€¦ these days that seems obscure!
only kind of jokingā€¦
might be less obscure soon! http://www.slashfilm.com/legendarys-dune-movie/

3 Likes

YMMV, but IMHO Lynch should have been subjected to the gom jabbar for his version. :poop:

Now that I think of it we were the ones that were tested.:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

Wonder what it would have been like if Ridley Scott had directed it. Actually, no, Iā€™m glad we have Blade Runner.

2 Likes

Notice, he is not wearing any laser safety glasses!!! LOL.

3 Likes

How far did you get? I read up to and including God Emperor of Dune, but could not get into chapterhouse

ā€œNo Mr. Bondā€¦ I expect you to dyeā€ (or at least be labeledā€¦)

7 Likes

Read books man!
Even with todayā€™s CG extravaganzas, the special effects in books are better!

4 Likes