Lasercut Face Shield bracket with arms - use acrylic or wood

Face Shield Frame With Arms

21 Likes

Thank you!

did u add a another part in front i used thick acrylic should i use a thinner one

1 Like

How do I download the file? What type and thickness of material?

Right-click, save.

1 Like

Different from Georgia Tech design?

https://pwp.gatech.edu/rapid-response/face-shields/

Sorry. How do I make it a cut file?

I think it should download as an .svg file. If not, I will upload again. It was based on the Georgia Tech design but takes a smaller sized piece of PET or other clear films. Acrylic can be brittle - test your acrylic

I can only download as a png, bitmap only when I right click

Stop using Edge, suggest Chrome.

2 Likes

TY. Edge is bad, Chrome is good.

2 Likes

This design worked great. However, when using transparency sheets for the mask, they tend to flare out at the bottom. I ended up having to super glue the top edges of the sheets to the arms of the shield bracket.

I’m trying to design some kind of a clip that will avoid the need for the gluing. I checked with our local hospital, and they are very interested in getting some!

FireFox is another browser option that works.

Clyde -

The design is great and I’m working on getting it approved by a local hospital. One thing I tried to add was a separate bracket that would hold and weigh down the bottom of the shield in the same manner as the top of the shield.

However anytime I try to edit your design, it shrinks when I import it on to the Glowforge.

Any idea why this would be happening? Or, could you design a small strip of plastic with the same three mounting brackets for the bottom of the shield material?

This looks great - two fit in a single $1 piece of plywood. Is there a pattern or spec for the mask that attaches to it? What size/spacing of holes?

I don’t know why it would shrink. I will upload a version i have tweaked a bit and if you want, show me a sketch or a markup of what you would like added or created

Face Shield Frame With Arms

should fit a 3 hole punch. Clear film (2 or 3 mil or whatever you can get) PET, PETG Mylar

Hello everyone. Could someone post a pic of one that they’ve actually made when you’re finished? Thank you.

1 Like

What program are you editing the file in?