Lasered Geometric Leather Tote

Designed this geometric tote all laser cut and hand-stitched. Cutting the 8-9 oz leather was the hardest part. Luckily there is a lot of information on this forum. I found some settings that worked. Still had to tweak them though becuase the leather shoulders I used are 8-9oz. Depending on if it’s an 8oz or 9 oz piece being cut changes the settings slightly.
Speed had to be varied between 160 and 170 depending on thickness., full power and .1 focus height.
This is a great beginner project with very little tools or hardware needed. Edges skived then 4 pieces sewn together and 8 rivets added to hold the handles on.
Pattern is available in my Etsy shop - Profesora Leather.

58 Likes

Wow, that’s gorgeous!

4 Likes

Love it!

3 Likes

That’s a lot of stitching, hope your fingers are doing okay!

1 Like

That’s beautiful. Very nice!!!

2 Likes

Terrific work! Great design!

2 Likes

Actually this bag doesn’t require that much stitching AND the GF makes all the holes! It’s more like lacing than anything else.

2 Likes

Wow, nice work!

1 Like

Schweet!

2 Likes

Wow! I have no more words!

Right, I’ve been doing a lot of leather projects myself and also have been using my GF to make the holes, but my holes are just large enough for the needle to pass through. I prefer not being able to see the holes as much as the thread, so thicker thread and smaller holes means my fingers are developing calluses :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

that looks terrific!

1 Like

Great bag!!

This is a TheraFlow foot massager. I highly recommend it for your hands. Hand sewing leather can make your hands and fingers very sore.

Sit in bed, place a pillow on your lap , put massager on pillow and massage both hands at once.

4 Likes

You’re a much better person than I! I hate struggling with sewing so I make my holes a little bigger. No calluses here!

That is one gorgeous bag! I love the cut pattern.

1 Like

Where do you plug it in? :grin:

1 Like

That is amazing looking. Did you make the handles too? Is that 7-8 oz leather?

Thanks! Yes, I made the handles too. The bag is 8-9oz leather and the handles are made from 3-4oz leather.

1 Like

Very nice

1 Like

Ohhhh, that’s just gorgeous! You could line it with colorful silk and make a handbag out of it.

2 Likes