Lasered Leather Purse

Designed this purse with a geometric pattern to match a tote I designed. I made it 2 ways. First with some 6 oz leather for the gusset and 4 oz leather for the flap. Then I made it the opposite way, 4 oz leather for the gusset and 6 oz for the flap. I think I like it best if using 6 oz leather for everything. The flap lays better with thicker leather - not to mention it’s stronger since I’m cutting so many holes in it. Also the body is sturdier.

pattern is available

36 Likes

Good looking bags.

Very nice work.

1 Like

Ooooo, very nice indeed!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Thank you!

Very nice work. I would definitely buy a purse like that.

2 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

Sturdier and smoother too

Lovely design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice to see the comparison of materials. 6 oz looks so much nicer.

1 Like

I love this bag is the pattern available. I’m expecting my Glowforge at the end of May and would love to attempt to make this.

It is against forum rules to ask for files. That being said, the original poster states that the pattern is available, so I suggest checking out the etsy store associated. Click on the original poster’s avatar for information regarding the etsy shop.

1 Like

I’m so sorry new and thought it was okay since the post stated the file was available. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

No worries. Everyone makes the same mistake, and in this case, the file is available so you are in luck.

1 Like