Lasering Your Colon

Saw the title as I was working through my first cup of coffee and thought “WHY? Why would you do that?!?!”

Then reason kicked in, and I realized Oh, it’s @henryhbk

Impressive - if quirky - work there. Thanks for sharing it, I think :wink:

14 Likes

Because he can. :door: (that’s the closest I could find to the poop emoji here)

7 Likes

Just remember, the rest of us have our faces pressed against the window just wishing we could play with the macaroni at least. :wink:

Keep them macaroni statues coming, and PLEASE show them off. We really do want to see what everyone is making.

12 Likes

You don’t have this one? :poop:

3 Likes

Haha the expression on that one’s face is actually more appropriate for @henryhbk’s projects. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

aaaaaand now I finally realize that you can page through the emojis. (you can tell how much I dig around in there - or don’t…)

7 Likes

Hope to get the time tonight

3 Likes

Love it ! Now I wonder how small you could make these? Just think business card size little 3d colons.

" Need a Dr.? Colon me"
maybe pickup line in a bar?
“Need a date? Colon Me” (replace date with friend, ride, to talk…)

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Oh, I’ll keep throwing those macaroni statues out there as the likes and comments have taught me that I am often not the best judge of what people find useful.
I see that going the other direction as well. Often I find a useful tidbit in what someone else thought was a throwaway line.

8 Likes

Don’t feel bad! I just figured that out last week :wink:

4 Likes

This is great as is, but 3D engraving this model onto a coaster-like shape would be neat, too! Take the model and do this:

'Course, I don’t know the status of 3D engrave functionality at this point, so maybe a future project.

Next should be the semi-colon.

3 Likes

Will you be wrapping it in reddish saran wrap Doc?..looking forward to it. :eye: :eye:

3 Likes

Nice! I, like the others here, are disappointed that there is no diverticula or polyps? Perhaps a good use of PG acrylic?

4 Likes

Very good explanation of the workflow. It was easy to digest and eliminated all questions.

:grin:

9 Likes

Please tell me you’re NOT going to fill it with that “poop” silicon you’re working on… :fearful: :astonished: :sweat_smile:

Silicone Material for Glowforge?

1 Like

Haha. I suppose I could use @scatterbrains’ suggestion for depth carving those in…

That “poop” is of course not poop (well I suppose it could be, but I have way better silicone for poop generation) since that is for another experiment (which smells like poop, but is actually high-tech work)

6 Likes

Your skills are seriously friggen impressive!!

3 Likes

[quote=“henryhbk, post:30, topic:7269”]I have way better silicone for poop generation
[/quote]

I want this on a t-shirt. :smile:

8 Likes

ugh, I met a Gastroenterologist once in a social setting, and it took all of me to refrain from saying, “so, you must meet a lot of a#@%!!-holes in your line of work.” They probably hear that all the time.

9 Likes