Latest explosion of projects

Thanks everyone, I found the idea from a file I got a long time ago that’s was all in Chinese but it was for very tiny wood originally so I remade the entire thing so it would work correctly the way I needed it too. So the question here is since I remade the whole file but wasn’t my hinges am I allowed to sell this? And not only that could I even share the file?

Depends if I am allowed, see comment above

i love the firefighter sign. i am actually trying to print one for a friend and I am brand new at this. How do you get it to just see it as one layer? mine pulled in cutting certain things and engraving things. It was a mess.

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you wondering how I did two layers match up perfectly? If so what I did was design it all in one photo in photoshop the out lined the emblem layer so it was blank with an outline then saved the first image that way so there was an outline you matched it too. Then save the emblem as a new image by itself then bring both into illustrator and rasterize them, then print both and glue into outline.

Try going to my page and click the video tab, the third movie down is this print and might help make some more sense of it too.

Ohh, now I get it, you just want it one solid layer but with all the different layers as one? If you have illustrator you have to make sure you rasterize all objects and the words as well. Otherwise it will show up all kinds of weird. Not sure how to do this on Inkscape I don’t have that. Maybe someone else can jump in on this.

If everything but the hinges are your design (remastered or not) I would see no reason why you couldn’t. Like you said, the design you made was inspired by the file you found, not the original file. Sharing between friends isn’t a bad thing either :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, love the comic book, the bear with the foxes are terrific.