Latest: Price has increased, Shipping, Maker Faire recap

I think aluminum oxynitride is further along and stronger for this application.

3 Likes

Even being late to the party, you and I are in the same placeā€¦

We are scheduled to ship all units ordered after the campaign by March 2017.

2 Likes

Haha! I think I trust Dan a little more than our postal/delivery agencies. LOL

2 Likes

Fun fact: That actor was in(apparently) several episodes of TNG(though I only know of one-1st season I think). He looks odd with an 80s stash.

2 Likes

Dec units are being shipped by order number, correct? I understand the time it takes to make a good project, but as someone who ordered in Sept of last year, I look at likeā€¦any other investment I might have made, and just keep thinking ā€œthis thing better be awesome.ā€ If Iā€™d bought the equivalent of my glow forge cost in bitcoin, Iā€™d have over $7000 now.

:slight_smile:

Still. Very excited to finally get my hands on one inā€¦a month?

4 Likes

Most likely. :wink: :relaxed:

2 Likes

This was discussed early on, by me in this post;

Gotcha. I just realized, much like the other person on the thread, that I donā€™t have an invoice number, but just the confirmation email and order listed when I log into the GF website. Should I have a number somewhere? My email order receipt is from Sept 24.

1 Like

Welcome @griffey to the forum. Have you been reading any of the posts in the past year? There is an amazing amount of info to digest. It looks pretty good at this moment that orders from the first month of crowdfunding will be shipped by the end of December.

2 Likes

Invoice numbers werenā€™t generated at first. I bought on the 26th and never received a number.

1 Like

Mine shows a receipt number and my purchase date. After I bought mine, I found that I had accidentally deleted the original email receipt. I sent a request to support and they sent me a new one. That one is dated Dec. 29th, but the correct purchase date is on the receipt. I really donā€™t know if a receipt number is the same as an invoice number.

2 Likes

I never got a receipt either. Just the confirmation emailā€¦no number on it. (And I kept my PayPal receipt.)

We couldnā€™t join the forum though without being an owner, so I never bothered to pester Customer Service about it. Hopefully we donā€™t need one. Weā€™re in the system somewhere. (Chuckle!)

4 Likes

You can log in here and pull up some more info, but Iā€™m on my phone so everything looks a bit different. Thereā€™s a ā€œreview your purchaseā€ section there.

https://glowforge.com/login

2 Likes

True, but for those of us who purchased in the first few days, thereā€™s still no invoice/purchase number.

Iā€™m seriously not worried about it. @Danā€™s responses for over a year have been consistent with his response to @Xabbess:

The only policy that has publically changed is the bit about high-volume areas getting the first units. Plenty has been said about beta and pre-production units.

5 Likes

Looks like it took them a while to catch up with giving people order numbers and whatnot. The early adopters just got a ā€œWelcome to the Familyā€ letter. :smile:

5 Likes

You were adopted !! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I have to say as a (Supplier/Production) Quality Engineer that worked at many companies that shipped to meet schedule & damn the quality issues & what the engineers warned, Iā€™m thrilled that they are trying to make it right before shipping! Still on pins & needles waiting for mine by the end of the year!

10 Likes

Hi Jules, when did you receive? We ordered on Sept 27th 2015 and havenā€™t got this?

Chuckle! Sorryā€¦It was just the automatically generated email from Customer Service that gave me my referral linkā€¦weā€™re kind of goofing about the ā€œWelcome to the Familyā€ letter. :relaxed:

( It was received immediately after placing the order on Sept. 28th.)

I suspect they werenā€™t expecting to have as many folks order this machine as they got, so they might not have had the order number generation system in place at the beginning.

If youā€™re here, youā€™re in the order queue, and probably at the beginning of the line if you ordered and did not get an order number. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks! Anticipation is building lol

3 Likes