Latest projects

Wow! This looks impressive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your design eye is outstanding! Open a store!

1 Like

@evansd2 those trees are actually not painted, just a clear wax coat on Purple Heart and some other exotic wood I forget the name of. thank you for the compliments. Store coming soon @rpratt

3 Likes

Padauk? It’s a nice orange when finished.

yes, that sounds correct

Very nice. Can you say what brand wax coat you used? I’ve tried Briwax and Feed-n-wax, they were both nice, but always looking for recommendations.

(Also, you might like this, used colors to similar effect: Inlay phoenix )

Osmo is probably one of the best on the market, they have food grade options for cutting boards as well. You can also add pigments to their products to give the woods interesting finishes.

5 Likes

These are wonderful!!! I specially love the elephant :elephant:

1 Like

All nice. Love the elephant.

Lots of great stuff, and congratulations! Will you be making wedding favors and/or decorations on your glowforge?

The elephant and the cityscape really caught my eye!

the wedding hearts were for my sister, however it is something that I could market on a Etsy store or in a local gift shop that I will be in

Definitely. I’m sure there’s a whole potential wedding line there. I’m getting married in July and trying to decide how much time I have to plan a wedding and laser gifts, decor, place cards, etc, etc.

2 Likes

Beautiful projects! I really like that elephant.

Love all. Especially the map. Out of curiosity…has anyone made "Deathly Hallows " ear rings? Looking at these it seems a logical jump.

1 Like

Outstanding!

I have indeed

7 Likes

Love your work, all your designs and the necklace with leaves in particular. In another life, I was a jeweler and hope to return to design work when my GF arrives. Have you considered using your designs as models to mold and cast in metal/s ? Or cutting jewelers wax (Matt and Ferris for example) sheets and cast in lost wax process? I’m not suggesting that you change anything you do. Thanks for sharing.

thats a great idea, and something I will have to try out for sure! now I need to invest in a small smelter haha