Latest projects

Love your work, all your designs and the necklace with leaves in particular. In another life, I was a jeweler and hope to return to design work when my GF arrives. Have you considered using your designs as models to mold and cast in metal/s ? Or cutting jewelers wax (Matt and Ferris for example) sheets and cast in lost wax process? I’m not suggesting that you change anything you do. Thanks for sharing.

thats a great idea, and something I will have to try out for sure! now I need to invest in a small smelter haha

Yes, there are material and logistic issue. I have sold or gifted most of my casting equipment long ago and don’t have the interest to make a large investment in getting into the trade to that extent. I am however, willing to call on past jeweler connections/ friends and find a way for them to cast the pieces for me and to that end find a bartering point we can both be happy with. So, the material cost would be in the creation of the wax forms and the barter. Seems simple enough from here. I will share my discoveries as soon as I can. I’m hoping soon. Waiting for my delivery notice in about a week or so. My hands are sweating and my heart is racing. I’m looking for a great adventure with the arrival of my GF.

2 Likes