Layered Acrylic Cross Mandala

Layered acrylic cross mandala using 2 different mandala files purchased on Etsy and then merged in Illustrator. Made for a friend whose favorite holiday is Easter. Layers glued together with super glue. Worst part of layered mandalas is the shrapnel that needs to be cleared off the crumb tray. Acrylic was sourced by various vendors, and weeding the tape off was a nightmare. Pro tip: take the masking off the back before cutting as that side is hidden when glued together. Happy Easter!

45 Likes

Gorgeous! Love the color choices! :grinning:
(And Happy Easter everyone!)

10 Likes

So pretty and intricate.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve been long wanting to do one in acrylic, but getting the colors I want is a: really expensive and b: kind of impossible. I had hoped to find some company that makes bespoke acrylic in pantone colors but that’s just not how the industry works.

I looked into some sort of dye options but didn’t get far there either.

I can see I was on the right track though, the solid color of the edges is great. Well-executed.

10 Likes

Master @pubultrastar stuns again with a stunning execution!

Congratulations!

11 Likes

Very nice! And I love the colors!

8 Likes

Again, not my designs. The real trick is merging them together. Seems like I know Illustrator well enough to hack them into a single design. It’s also my first attempt at doing one of these in acrylic, but like the results. Great thing about using acrylic, is that you can mock up and test different colors before cutting.

16 Likes

I realize they were not your designs, but the artful merging of both designs into one and the selection of colors are the stunning execution I am refering to. :+1:

9 Likes

The colors look amazing!

10 Likes

Beautiful! I’m sure your friend was very pleased with it. I don’t mask acrylic at all anymore. I remove it if it’s on there and just use the dish soap method, as it seems to not leave the little ridge I always seem to get with acrylic. Makes it super easy to wash off too, and no weeding required. (I’m lazy!!)

13 Likes

Is that acrylic 1/8" or thinner? I’ve sometimes wanted thinner acrylic but never bothered to source any.

11 Likes

I picked up some 1/16th stuff and it was cool to work with :slight_smile:

9 Likes

It’s all 1/8" material

10 Likes

So intricate and I like the brightness of it with the acrylic.

10 Likes

Beautiful. Love it.

Great tip also!

7 Likes

This is beautiful!

8 Likes

The color combination is stunning! What a lovely gift!

6 Likes

I agree on the color scheme being epic. Really make the project pop out at you.
Great job…

6 Likes

Gorgeous! Love it!

3 Likes

Beautiful

4 Likes