Layered Bear Ornaments

I have loved all the layered art made on the Glowforge this year. So, I decided to make a mini-layered art ornament!

My wife had me make these for our kids teachers this year.

40 Likes

Those are adorable!

7 Likes

These are really cute! I love the bears!!

6 Likes

The part of your bears project that I like is that they look great from the back as well as the front.

7 Likes

Yeah, I like my layered projects to be layered inside and outside. No just a shell of an outline.

5 Likes

I always enjoy seeing your work

2 Likes

LOVE IT.

Keep Creating

2 Likes

Owning a Glowforge really is like having a super power.

My son (in Middle School) seeing the ornaments that his siblings were taking to their teachers, thought it would be fun to take ornaments to his teachers also. After I started making them, I found out he has nine teachers!

I found the school mascot image from the schools web site. Converted it to an SVG and started customizing. After a couple of hours, he had all the ornaments ready for the next day.

Customized with the year, school name, and teacher’s name on the back. Man, I love this machine!

Next year I might do something more elaborate, but nine teachers is a lot…

6 Likes

I did something similar.

My daughter has SO many people that work with her regularly. Three teachers (not including “specials”), three therapists, the social worker and asst principal help support her, and the list just goes on. Almost all of the staff are currently female, with the exception of maybe one para that sometimes helps her if she’s struggling with a transition.

So I took the school logo and made a ton of earrings (stud earrings and 2 sizes of dangly earrings) and a few keychains. They were so excited about them!

5 Likes