Layered cuts for cards (twist on the layered mandala)

I keep seeing these multi layer die cuts in the card making world. Admittedly they look really cool, but have you priced those dies? $70 for a set of three layering designs in A2 size. And you end up making maybe three cards from the set. I thought I’d go for the look and see what I can crank out. Here’s three designs I created from scratch. The two A2 sized ones were designed in Illustrator with one hand (because my other one was trapped under a sleeping cat). I designed the snowflake one on my iPad because I wanted to take advantage of Illustrator for iPad’s cool new Radial Repeat feature.

Here they are glued up:

Isn’t the thin one super delicate?

And here’s the paper I used. You can get these 12x12 blocks of heavy paper from Michaels for $5 when they go on sale:

43 Likes

You are always pushing the envelope with card stock and innovating artistry - and then you admit to doing it one handed. Whew. I love the snowflake.

5 Likes

Greetings from a fellow cat owner, currently trapped in the computer chair by my cat.

The wavery starburst design is cool!

7 Likes

Current status:

I remember when she was feral.

10 Likes

Wow, she’s a beauty. May you have many more years together.

2 Likes

Your poster always so interesting and artistic. I absolutely love all of them!

2 Likes

Those are lovely! I kinda wanna glue this one up exactly like this though - the offset is mesmerising!

8 Likes

You excel in one-handed artistry!

2 Likes

Well, there it is. You’ve made something wonderful…again. Thanks so much for sharing and letting us all know how you did it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! I love these!

7 Likes

Wow! Fantastic work!!