Layered Eagle Mountainscape decorated with Spray Acrylic Paints. #GlowforgeUK

This is my first project made entirely from scratch!
I put this together using Silhouette Studio which worked quite well for what I wanted.

This is a gift for my step-father who loves going for long rides on his Harley with my Mum. He also loves Eagles, and Mountains - so hopefully he’ll like it!

I’ve seen a few other layered pieces on here and was inspired by them, so I thank the community for that.

I have learnt some things that I need to improve on for next time but ultimately am very pleased how it turned out considering!

All comments and critiques are welcome - I’m not afraid of honesty! I’m autistic so I prefer blunt honesty anyway so lay it on me if it so requires! I always want to learn!

I made a video of it for my Youtube channel so you can check that out here.

57 Likes

You did a fantastic job on this. He’s going to love it! I like the way you painted the clouds against the background. Amazing first project!

4 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to offer your feedback.

The air brushing of the mountains gives the piece such nice dimension. Good job!

2 Likes

Nice to see another UK resident here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! I actually used 400ml acrylic spray cans for the colouring - I like to dabble in what they call ‘Space’ Painting’ with graffiti art acrylics from time to time so I thought I may as well utilise it with some of my GF projects! I’ve never really tried airbrushing although the effects are similar anyway.

2 Likes

Excellent! It seems we’re a rare breed!

I have tried to reach out to see if there are others, I even set up a Facebook group called Glowforge UK a couple of weeks ago with the intention being to help each other out with recommended UK based materials suppliers etc.
Hopefully that will grow over time! Do you know of any UK based GF groups, pages or forums?

I’m betting you had great fun creating that wonderful and thoughtful gift. Very nice first project!

2 Likes

Thank you! I did indeed! And am hungry to make more!

1 Like

Please do more of this; I love new techniques. That’s a really thoughtful gift.

Can you create the eagle’s ‘face’ into the scenery, using light/shadow without really painting the eyes & beak?

3 Likes

Very welcome feedback indeed! I am a newbie so everything is an experiment to me right now but I will keep plugging away trying to discover new ideas by all means!

That’s an interesting concept, using shadow and light to interpret more finer details…Something i’ll think about next time! Thanks!

1 Like

A treasure hunt it is! Great job all around. Color is an avenue I need to explore.

2 Likes

Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Excellent, I looked but didn’t see that group on Facebook. I’ll go check them out.

This is quite lovely. I think he will love it. If he doesn’t then he is just wrong.

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m sure he’ll be pleased - if not - I’ll keep it for myself!

I find it very striking indeed! Love the colors. Keying into the personal likes of someone is what makes a gift really special.

2 Likes