Layered Lighthouse Gift

So, while still in the layered project rabbit hole I was reminded about a gift session upcoming for a person who collects all things lighthouse.
The earring path had been taken a few times already, so I took a left turn in the current rabbit hole of layered art (calling it shadowbox works for me, your mileage may vary).

A little larger at 6 x 10 and a Proofgrade finished front over the MDF contents. Still contemplating how to finish the painted highlights. Maybe very fine point markers, we will see. Need to practice my surf on rocks, sky and clouds painting to not crash the optics I am hoping for .

This one is not a first out - done - like the other. I see a few things I need to adjust in a remake and the finished wood front got charred a bit. The concept is working for me though.

I am having a lot of fun with this layered shadowbox stuff. Next up is for some people who like clowns. If no inspiration arrives soon, that may also become a layered project. (a three ring circus under a big tent - yeah that’s the ticket, heh heh)

47 Likes

I always love this layered effect. It’s a great lighthouse (within a lighthouse…)!

7 Likes

Very nice!! I absolutely love the oversized seagull!!

5 Likes

Like we’re this is going!

5 Likes

It’s beautiful! Reminds me of a place we used to go every summer where they had a unique lighthouse. I ought to make something similar for our decor.

5 Likes

Well… so far it’s looking really good! You ARE going to post pics after you get one painted and finished… right?

5 Likes

I also have a friend who loves lighthouses. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

5 Likes

:roll_eyes: :rofl: Perhaps with an infinity mirror set-up.

5 Likes

Cute!!

3 Likes

This looks great!! Something I’m going to have to try soon!!

2 Likes

Great job! Can’t wait to see the finished!

2 Likes

That is a really cool project. Looks amazing! How many layers?

5 Likes

Makes me think of a trip I took. Very nice.

2 Likes

Very imaginative, this is something I want to try :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it after you finish up the details.

4 Likes

Something you do not want to do going down lighthouse stairs :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like