Layered Mandala Pumpkin for Halloween

I’ve always wanted to make a layered mandala where the top layer is a silhouette of an object. After some brainstorming, I finally figured out how to make one of these for myself. It’s a jack-o-lantern with a layered spider web mandala behind it; just in time for Halloween! I’m sure it would look great with other tone and color materials for each layer to add to the depth.

If you want to see my process of designing and creating this project, here’s a video I put together.

Here are photos of the finished project.

33 Likes

Thank you very much for the video and explanation of your design process. You make it look easy. Love the pumpkin and layered web.

3 Likes

Thank you! The hardest part was figuring out how to draw a spider web in a CAD software :laughing:

2 Likes

thanks for sharing this! I have wondered how these layered pieces are made, and have a new appreciation !

3 Likes

This looks very cool! It will be a great hit for halloween!

3 Likes

Well done! Great video. You have a knack for this!

2 Likes

This looks great! IMHO I think the addition of a spider on the top most web layer would look really cool too!

1 Like

Thank you! Didn’t think of putting a spider on the top layer, but that’s a good idea.

1 Like

Nice video and project!

1 Like