Layered Paper Cut Ocean frame!

Welcome to the forum. Just a head’s up that it is against forum rules to ask for files. If someone wants to make files available they will be in the Free Laser Design section. Perhaps you could send a private message to the maker and make an offer to purchase, but in the open forum this isn’t allowed.

1 Like

Cool! I saw this same file on Shutterstock and wanted to try it out. Glad it came out well. I like the colors you used.

I’m assuming it’s acrylic paint?

1 Like

Shutterstock has it

As indicated in the title, this is a layered paper cut.

Gotcha, cuz I’ve seen people cut ‘paper cut’ designs in 1/8” or “1/16” and paint them, then layer them.

What do you separate the layers with?

Foam tape?

1 Like

Do they have it? Really!? Can you send me the code of the file? Thanks!

Yes, foam tape!’

1 Like

They are coloured paper. Didn’t paint anything!

1 Like

Do you recommend any particular type/brand of paper?

To be honest, take as thicker paper you find… don’t have a specific brand… There are lots out there… Mine I bought at the supermarket here in London.
270gsm (g/m2)
Also from an American brand: HEIDI SWAPP

1 Like

Thank you, I will check our local art supply store for colored cardstock. Do you use any kind of protective film like transfer paper or does the paper cut without burn marks as is? Thanks again.

1 Like

No Masking tape! straight into the paper…

1 Like

how did you cut the paper without any burn marks? Did you use the cut setting?

2 Likes

I’m new and paranoid to cut paper in the Glowforge! :rofl: I use my Cricut for cutting paper so I haven’t tried it.

Maybe I’ll try it in the future when I am more experienced! And I have so many questions… like how do you keep the paper from moving? Do you use something to hold it down or is it just heavy enough that it didn’t move? Did you make the frame, too?

1 Like

Have a look at the Tip & Trick I posted a while ago!

That will help you to achieve the same results!

Send me message if you have any other question!

I think that would help you too! :slight_smile:

Have a look at the Tip & Trick I posted a while ago!

That will help you to achieve the same results!

Send me message if you have any other question!

And, the glue I’m using now to make/remake the sticky part of the mat is this one!

REALLY good ! Used to use it with the Silhouette mat!

Screenshot 2020-01-04 at 15.23.56

1 Like