Layered Player Board Prototypes

I’m helping my friend Joseph with player boards for his recently Kickstarted game, Fantastic Factories.

I just have to say, in snapmarks I trust!!!

It starts by setting up files of course. I print sticker for the upper and lower sections of the board, then adhere the stickers to chipboard. Snaps are printed on the stickers and align with the cut files. Next I load the piece into the GF and press the magnet. It all lines up and I’m ready to go. Cut out top and bottom pieces, then glue the two layers together.

31 Likes

Looks like a good one!

1 Like

What a great write up and project. Was there any sealing or post processing to protect the labels? And what kind of printer was used to print the labels?

1 Like

Thanks.

I have a Samsung color laser printer that’s like 5 or 6 years old. I definitely need to replace it if I’m going to continue to do this kind of work.

I didn’t do any sealing of the labels… but for a production copy I would probably try to find/print on glossy label if it exists.

I also have a flatbed UV printer that could print the image after the cut, but I’ve not been able to figure out how to use it thus far.

1 Like

Weeps quietly in corner while hoping I can get snapmarks soon…

4 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: I have a skateboard deck I want to do (8x22) that I’m gonna end up using the Redsail for instead. The center section trial on BB worked fine last night so I’m running a PG Draftboard 3D today (3:23 so right up against the machine limits & I had to resample at 300dpi vs the 600dpi source).

It’s a design my son did for my birthday. The paper version is stunning with some awesome shades of blue.

Original in progress

11 Likes

Your boy is quite the artist! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah. He’s the flash artist. Draws tattoo art :slightly_smiling_face: He does something he calls dot-art - instead of full strokes much of the artwork is actually tiny little dots. Incredibly time consuming. Way more patience than I ever had.

2 Likes

Glossy full labels do exist. I just bought them for an 18AL print and play

2 Likes

Wow … Very impressive drawing!