Learned 2 things from this project

Well I learned 2 valuable lessons from this sign.

1: hand painting a wood cut out SUCKS. I’m either investing in some damn spray paint or will be painting my wood before cutting from now on and
2: trying to hand paint this with a 2.5 year old “helping” is never advisable!! Haha he ended up with white paint all over his hands and arms!

I do love that I can use the parts I cut out to make another sign though. Just trying to figure out what color to paint the second one

image|500x500

30 Likes

Came out great, though!

1 Like

I like both versions

2 Likes

So nice to be able to use the positive and negative images - well done!

2 Likes

So the problem is that he is hand painting and needs spray paint? Not the conclusion I would have drawn, but I don’t have kids so what do I know. :wink:

It’s a very nice sign.

4 Likes

No no, the problem is he is “hand” painting, instead of wood painting :joy:

Love the sign, and it’s always great to make with kids even if it takes longer…

3 Likes

Hahaha oh my god I can’t imagine giving my kid some spray paint and letting have at it :joy:. The mess would be epic!

2 Likes

Exactly :joy:. He was really “hand, arm, and body” painting. Still, I love doing things like this with my kid. Hardest thing I’ve done so far is let him “help” when I bake. The kitchen gets covered in flour but he loves it and he will always eat whatever he helps to make.

2 Likes

Thank you!

The paint work can be a bit of a pain. Love the sign!

1 Like

I always regret weeding a project before painting an engraving. Always. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes