Leather and acrylic key fob

Leather and acrylic key fob. Leather side is ladybug with slightly embossed spots. Acrylic side is monogram.
Hand stitched together.

41 Likes

That’s lovely, and the leather back will support the fine lines in the acrylic so they don’t break!

5 Likes

Fine craftsmanship!

3 Likes

Ah it’s unusual, I like that. Were you inspired by something specific or did it just pop into your head?

2 Likes

I never would have thought of stitching acrylic. Great job!

5 Likes

I have been experimenting with a variety of leather projects which involve embossing and hand stitching. I also made some acrylic monogram tags to hang on Bogg Bags that we gave as gifts. Figured since I was laser cutting the stitch holes in the leather that I could do the same in the acrylic.

10 Likes

Wha great idea to combine the two like that.

6 Likes

Nice! I love the stitching. Where is the actual key fob (like an RFID thing?) contained?

3 Likes

I love unusual combinations and this certainly is one…inspiring and very cool!

2 Likes

There were fobs way before there were cars. Vehicles just glommed the moniker for themselves.

fob: a chain attached to a watch for carrying in a waistcoat or waistband pocket.

I like that stitching of acrylic. Would never have thought of it. Nice…

6 Likes

Great idea!

4 Likes

Great idea, it turned out really nice.

3 Likes

Great idea made spectacular by the quality of your work.

1 Like

Great idea—- it looks fantastic!!

1 Like

That’s really great. An interesting combination.

Love that combo. Nicely done!

1 Like

I believe you have created inspiration here! A new application of leather and acrylic! Next level stuff! Terrific!

3 Likes

This is really nice!

All the positive responses to the combination have me thinking…how can I incorporate acrylic pieces into the leather hockey mask that I posted?

1 Like

The first thing that comes to mind is for the eyes, like we do for the Plague Doctor masks.

2 Likes