Leather Cat Mask

This tutorial showed up in my email from Tandy Leather and decided to give it a try. Not bad for my first mask. Will be making some of my own design soon.

I wet the leather before I cut it. Molded it on a styrofoam head and let it dry overnight.

5-6oz veg tan leather
Tan Waterstain Dye for body
Blk leather dye for around eyes
White Eco Flo for the highlights.

40 Likes

Very cool! What a neat project!

4 Likes

Awesome! The kitties approve!

3 Likes

Nice share.

3 Likes

And of course you are wearing the mask and not your cat. When will I ever learn.

Nice project!

5 Likes

True it was a human :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Thanks.

1 Like

Meeeeeeeooooooooow! Nice leather work! Well done!

4 Likes

Wonderful project, and you look great in it! I really think you should be showing it off in Made On A Glowforge category. Mind if I move this post there?

2 Likes

It is early here and I am still waking up, trying to figure how they got the cat to wear a mask was the second and closer thought :tired_face: the first involved spray adhesive and very upset cats. Then I noticed the leather part and was thinking of a cat in canarywood. I have a lot of problems with focus when I first wake up.

5 Likes

It cam out great… looks like it fits you perfectly!

2 Likes

Wow, that turned out really nice!

2 Likes

Sure since it wasn’t Glowforge leather figured this would be the place to post it. Move it to wherever works. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well that is pretty funny. Love your imagination. No cats were harmed in the modeling of the mask.

2 Likes

Okay, done! By the way, it doesn’t have to be made from Proofgrade materials, it just needs to be made on a Glowforge.

Ok cool, will keep that in mind the next time. Thanks for the assist.

I don’t even buy dog snacks. Lack of imagination kept Gerber out of the African market for years as everyone else figured out that folks who were illiterate would judge what was inside from the photo on the outside.

well done!

1 Like

Didn’t see the link to the original Tandy info. Here it is for those wanting to look at it: LINK

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.