Leather Coffee Sleeve w/Stitching Holes

I made one of these today for myself, thank you @bailleecakes!

I noticed the sleeve design had an extra path for the cuts which caused some charring on my leather so I cleaned that up in AI. Attached is the revised svg with just one path. :grinning:

FS with holes Template_revised

10 Likes

Very nice and clean, I like it! Minimalist designs speak to me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m new and still haven’t figure out how to load anything on glow forge

2 Likes

You should start by following the tutorials:

5 Likes

It can be daunting at first. Best thing to do is turn on your printer and in a browser go to app.glowforge.com, on the right column you’ll see instructions for how to get started. Do the first three prints first, it really helps you get a feel for it! See arrows in attached image.

3 Likes

I may or may not but definitely am gonna use this to make a wrist bracer xD

1 Like

Do you all have favorite settings you use for leather cutting and engraving? Mind sharing?

Just use the dropdown menu on the left side of the GFUI. Depending on the thickness of your leather, you can probably just use the setting for Proofgrade medium leather…then use the set focus on it. Testing first on a scrap will be 100% helpful.

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Ditto - I use the PG settings for all my leather. Most of the time you’ll get some small strings that are still attached so I’ll often run the cuts a 2nd time but at like double the speed to just catch those.

2 Likes