Leather cozy

Does anyone know of a good resource for a leather cozy svg?

1 Like

Sorry, no.
I made a pattern years ago for hand cutting & havenā€™t converted it to an svg for lasser cutting, even though Iā€™ve done some etching to make a few new ones this summer.

1 Like

What style are you looking for? Can, bottle, or cup? Snap, zipper, or friction?

Maybe a file generator would work?

5 Likes

This would be perfect except the holes are running the length, rather than the height. Iā€™m making it on leather and need the holes on the height to stitch together. I donā€™t really know why there would be circles along the length.

I wasnā€™t sure either :slight_smile:

But I turned on the option to see what it did.

1 Like

I have a book with cool patterns for hand sewing projectsā€“for their cup cozy, they didnā€™t overlap.
But Iā€™ve either machine sewn or riveted them, and have needed the overlap.

And regardless of how you come up with your design, be sure to test the cone/arcs used for fitā€“you want to make sure it covers the area of the glass folks actually hold the cup and doesnā€™t gap (e.g. if lower edge too smallā€“too steep and angleā€“then the cozy will stay too low on the cup. If too shallow an angle, youā€™ll have to big of a gap between the cozy and cup for it to work well).

I made this one, and it fits the cups Iā€™m intending on using it on. It needs a bit of tweaking. You have to copy and paste the holes onto the other side, which for some reason when I did it in inkscape it didnā€™t paste them as Svgā€™s. You also have to move the holes onto the end of the cozy. But it works.Coffee-Sleeze-Cutting-Template https://community.glowforge.com/uploads/short-url/bbnuLwNfRF5OTe9AvrCowSoTty0.MOV

1 Like

Apparently the spelling and pronunciation of this item varies quite a lot.
I call it a koozie/coozy (pronounced coo-Z). The word cozy makes me think of being comfortable and warm, while I normally use koozies to keep drinks coolā€¦ although I guess sometimes I also use them to make skinny drinks fit better in the wide cupholder, which might be an argument for ā€œcozyā€.

2 Likes

I think of cozy for hot drinks. I imagine the ā€˜cozyā€™ cuddling the cup and keeping it warm. Thatā€™s why I always thought they were called cozy.

1 Like

perfectly reasonableā€¦ so do you use the same word for the foam sleeve used for keeping drinks cold?

i guess this could also be a location thingā€¦ do you by chance live somewhere that gets really cold in the winter, but not too horribly hot in the summer? Around here (upper central valley) winter can be coldish, but summer is hot!

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.