Leather Drawstring Backpack

Designed a drawstring backpack that can be cut on a basic. Made from 4oz oil-tanned leather. My engraving ideas on this one were a fail :frowning: Luckily the end of the year leather sales make designing/experimenting new designs a lot less expensive!
My idea was to attach a dragon and flames in a contrasting color leather but after I attached them I thought it looked terrible so I pulled them off.
Luckily the backpack itself came out pretty good.
Pattern is available.

62 Likes

Looks really awesome, great workā€¦

6 Likes

Love the linesā€¦very clean and compact! :sunglasses: :+1:

6 Likes

That looks so professional! Itā€™s encouraging to know you can make ā€œmistakesā€ and still pull off a WOW finished build.

Canā€™t wait to see what else you do.

6 Likes

That looks amazing. I really need to work in leather, I have only done the obligatory wallet then never made anything else. LOL

4 Likes

You might not want to try something else! I started with a wallet then a bag and now Iā€™m addicted! I get so much satisfaction from seeing an idea come to life.

3 Likes

HAHA. Itā€™s a good addiction, in your case!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a gorgeous backpack pattern!

1 Like

This is beautiful. I love the clean lines. You mentioned the pattern is available but I donā€™t see it. Where can I find it?

1 Like

Terrific! Inspirational! Nice work!

1 Like

I love it. Looks great!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great design and your stitching :star_struck:!

1 Like

Thanks! But, my stitching only looks good because of the laser. I could never make the holes with a punch as straight.

2 Likes

Beautifully done! What do you use to attach your rivets?

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

I use this rivet setter from the BuckleGuy

I love the large handle and the ability to change the dies.
3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Wow! What a fantastic bag. I really like the red stitches too, the bead on the pull, and other findings.

1 Like

Inspiring. I see a trip to Tandy in my future.

1 Like