Leather gifts

The last one Eric is modeling was 130 hours (one hundred and thirty hours!!!) hand cut and hand sewn. It was a gift for my brother. He cried when I gave it to him.

Also thank you for the compliment that is very kind of you.

Currently I am working on a miniature tea room/ kitchen. I am cutting out the pieces of wood on the GF. I am being a little challenged with the wood—— basically the laser is frying my little projects. I have not discovered the perfect settings for the thin wood and I keep experimenting.

I am in debt to @eflyguy for all of his help. I owe him probably 25 steak dinners and Eric owes him a tax return. I dare not ask him to help me with the setting for the thin wood.

I made a miniature brothel. I would love to post the picture but I do not want to get kicked out of the community. I will private message you the picture. It was timmy’s free project.

4 Likes

These lovely projects deserve a post of their own! Although I guess you can’t put them in MOAG. But for sure in Everything Else.

2 Likes

I edited my last message to you. If. you get a chance read if again. Later on I will private message you that picture

1 Like

She’s been holding out on us…

5 Likes

I’ll say!

3 Likes

Wow , if i could work at night that would awesome , can you post a link to that so I know i am getting the right one Thanks.

1 Like

Beautiful work on everything . Somehow , I have a feeling that you like dogs as much as I do. :grin:

3 Likes

I shouldn’t have clicked on that Springfield link… :rofl:
Just bought some remnants, and some old world floral stuff and some of my most favorite color - teal! Very excited! Of course I’d seen the company before. Your pic of remnants lured me in though. Still wasn’t buying any, until I saw the teal…

8 Likes

I should have NEVER EVER EVER posted that link. I regret it now!! What was I thinking?!?!?!? Temporary insanity.

After I posted the link I went back to Springfield —— I purchased almost $400 (four hundred) in leather. I do not need anymore leather!!! I am in a leather addict!! Our ranch home is EXPLODING!!!

In the last several years, we inherited 4 (four) family members’ entire home contents and my best friend of 10 years, unexpectedly died a few weeks after my bathroom fall accident. I had no idea she included me in here will. I received 1/2 ownership in a closed down craft, quilting and sewing store!!!

Regarding the family members—- none of them bequeathed us any money, real estate or an automobile!!! Not one penny. We received the entire contents of their home and garage. Furniture, linens, knickknacks, lamps,paintings, every damn major holiday decorating accessory —- Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, —-pots and pans, all types of kitchen appliances, brooms, mops, etc!!

5 Likes

we got items from my wife’s uncle, grandmother, sister, and father. my garage bays the two that AREN’T my shop are full of stuff to go through.

Luckily Habitat Restore is accepting donations again. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I for one am glad you DID post that link - but then I didn’t buy as much as you…

As to your relatives leaving you entire contents - just because they couldn’t let go of things, doesn’t mean you can’t! Yard sale; free pile; get an estate appraiser in and let go!

3 Likes

If I saw teal, in almost anything, I would want it. Such a beautiful color.

@JimmyWayneWestie. Some really awesome projects!!

3 Likes

We have done it all but there is still so much stuff!!! Quite a number of years I told family and friends do not purchase me anything. I do not want any birthday presents, anniversary presents, you are a great sister present, you are a great neighbor present, etc. I do not even want a card.

Then I continue the madness purchasing more leather. I think I need a psychiatrist —-YES, I definitely need a psychiatrist. Perhaps they will trade services out for an old lamp from the 1960s or a mop from the 1980s.

Eric and I have had our wills completed for quite a number of years and we have made it very easy. Not one single person is getting a damn penny!!

Our lawyer knows to sell every single thing at an auction and whatever is left over give the money to an animal shelter.

Several months ago, I blew a gasket because I saw the love seat in my living room. Eric took clean towels from the dryer and just dumped them on the love seat. I was like “What the f***?!?!” Asked him “Why didn’t you put the towels up in the closet?’

His response “Your grandmother’s Polish Polka album collection is in the closet?”

2 Likes

This is the one I have, but any similar press will work. I had access to machinist who owes me favor to drill out the needed holes. (HF always has a 20% off one single item coupon running in their flier)

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=1%20ton%20arbor%20press

The Palmgren one on Amazon already has a hole but I don’t know how deep it is, mine is 4" so it holds hand tools.

2 Likes

That is very nice of you to compliment the few things I have posted. I only showed them because @cynd11 wanted to see some things. I am not comfortable showing the things I make. I would rather see and admire the incredible art —- that is made and designed by the the GF community.

Ask me about my S## life with Eric—- I will tell you everything. Ask me —- how much money I have in the bank—- I will show a statement. Ask to see my art creations—- this is where I get nervous and sick to my stomach.

2 Likes

We are always our own worst critic!

I’m glad you shared some things. Please always share! It gives joy to see all the things being created with the Glowforge.

I know my items aren’t usually very exciting, but, they’re exciting to make. The recipients usually seem excited … and so it’s all good.

5 Likes

If you get a chance I just posted a huge post about an arbor press modification.

2 Likes

The big bag speaks to me more than any non-functional garage sale fodder art. You are talented. Wow.

And @cynd11, I spent more time thinking about leather and prepping for it and I have yet to do anything functional with it. Some day. Just have to set up a leather working space. Too many electronic projects have gotten in the way. Keep up the inspiration! Miss seeing you and D.!

4 Likes

It doesn’t really take a lot of space to get started, but if you want to stitch I highly recommend a stitching pony. I’m sure you could make a good one on your GF!

Same here! Looking forward to seeing you again once this madness wanes.

2 Likes

I second this…invaluable.

1 Like