Leather gloves and keychains

So recently I’ve been busy like an elf making leather projects for gifts. I finally decided to tackle my biggest challenge yet, making a pair of driving gloves for myself and then for a gift pair as well. I made 4 gloves with the smallest needle that would support the .7mm holes, I still can’t feel the tip of my right pointer from the calluses, but the end results were amazing

I want to design a new closing strap but that will come in due time after the holidays are done.

I also recently designed a keychain after seeing the over sized and over priced leathermens kits with a horrible design layout. Inkscape for the win, I edited 2 egg shapes together, connected them and threw in some precut holes for good measure. I’m pretty happy with the results and will be giving the finished products to a couple I am friends with who are Jeep fanatics.

Still need to do some finishing work but these will be grand once they are done, I also cut a small 1mm layer of eva foam to cushion the middle.

Till the next time!
-Hock

Edit:

I had a few issues with the oil based paints I had used, so using my matalic leather paints, I was able to do something that could be sealed without running!

Edit 2: when I dropped off the first two keychains, the wife of my friend had her parents over, her Dad hinted he would like one for his Dodge soooo when I got home I whipped this one up and will be delivering that one later on today

44 Likes

Well-made! I have yet to even experiment with leather. The piece that came with my machine has been sitting there for however many years.

13 Likes

I love how cool the red stitching looks. I have done several projects using leather, but I have yet to do anything that requires sewing.

You inspire me, @techquest89.

I’m going to give it a try.

In 2024.

10 Likes

It’s a medium that requires a lot of patience when you’re working with it because you can be almost done with a project and then come to find out one little mistake make you have to start all over again. But there’s something that is so satisfying about working with it as a medium that makes it worth it.

14 Likes

I find that it’s a pretty good method of focusing my chaotic brain on one thing and making sure I’m taking time in all the right places, can’t wait to see what you come up with!

14 Likes

Great work!

8 Likes

Thank you!

11 Likes

The precut holes are such a wonderful thing in leather projects!

These are beautiful :heavy_heart_exclamation:

9 Likes

Amen! They make life sooo much easier. Thank you!

13 Likes

Amazing work as always

7 Likes

Wow! These came out beautifully. Excellent work.

8 Likes

I know the feeling. leather work was one of the driving reasons to get BEAMER in the first place.

Sheesh. real life seems to get one bogged down doesn’t it?

9 Likes

Thank you, I do my best! :pray:

11 Likes

I want to see your 392 :slight_smile:

11 Likes

So I actually don’t have a 392, I’m making it for a couple I know through work, been friends with them for years, they both upgraded recently and both got 392’s. I’m making these for their Christmas gifts :smiley:

Posting their 392’s with permission

The key tags are color filled to match each of their rides :smiley:

15 Likes

The gloves absolutely, the keychains are being a bit of a pain but it’s how I’m trying to put the dye onto the tag. Just a small learning curve, nothing I can’t handle.

12 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: I don’t off-road so could never justify a 392 but they are beautiful. I LOVE my Rubicon 4XE.

11 Likes

These look so good! I love working with leather!

6 Likes

I gave the other pair away as an early Christmas present today, my coworker really loved how they looked!

10 Likes

When you restock your store, if you put up that glove pattern you’d sell at least one copy to me :slight_smile:

8 Likes