Leather gloves and keychains

The keychains, the gloves are my moded version from another pattern, due to some inaccuracies. To be quite honest, GF doesn’t supply nor support the soft leather required for gloves so it would be very rough and scratchy, not great for the hands.

6 Likes

I woudl think so. they looked awesome :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Gotcha. Didn’t think about the roughness of the leather. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Made another keychain for a heathen, I mean coworker friend who’s really into the Ravens MFL team, not too shabby even if I didn’t care for the subject.

12 Likes

That keychain looks great.

4 Likes

Thank ye, even if I don’t care for the team I can appreciate how well it came out :grin:

5 Likes

did you do the stitch holes with your glowforge? I have been working on getting that right, but I"m not convinced I have that going the way it needs to be.

5 Likes

For this template yes I did, I use O and not a circle tool, it tends to be a bit nicer and works well with the leather circles being so small

5 Likes

I stumbled across a really cool way to make stitch holes for leather…and in fact, you can use a pen or pencil tool and draw a stitch line freehand in any shape you want.

Choose whether you want a straight line or a shape…or use a freehand drawing. Change it to a text path. After some testing, I ended up with the perfect sized and perfectly spaced holes by typing a 6 point lower case ‘o’ in the Courier New font, with two spaces between each letter.

If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s easy peasy.

11 Likes

well that sounds spiffy.

i will give that a shot.

The mrs. is gonna get something really cool for Christmas, though it won’t be done just prototyped. went past Joann’s last week for the felt.

but now it seems i have to do a practical cut for a water filter mount on the tub.

6 Likes

This is what I do. Perfectly matched to the edge of whatever I’m stitching since it’s a copy of it made smaller using the inset function.

4 Likes

After much struggling with things working as stated in the various suggestion you all gave. at 4:30AM I thought. Hey what if there is a new version of Inkscape that I should be using that would eliminate some of these troubles. Conversion to path was altering the shapes of everything. it was driving me nuts when I came back to it.

Lo and behold there IS A newer version than the one I was running. and it sure seems to have fixed the conversion to path issues etc. I haven’t cut anything yet. Have some more gifts to wrap etc.

As always I’ll keep you all posted as the fun meter stays pegged.

btw. my on sale posco markers came in this week. looking forward to trying them out.

6 Likes

Being a Ravens fan myself (born in Baltimore!) I love it!

3 Likes

Meanwhile I nearly got kicked out of the house making this, being I married into a Steelers family :rofl:

6 Likes

Did you watch THIS IS US? whole family of Steelers fans.

4 Likes

Oh wow!!! Always impressed with your leather work!!

4 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it! Hope you guys had a good Christmas party this year, the two our work had was ridiculous :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Ok last one for the season because I’m out of this specific leather.

My Nephew is the present of his frat chapter house Tau Kappa Epsilon in my old home town.

6 Likes

I must say you have inspired me to BEAMER some leather in a big way.

tomorrow evening I will be cutting felt so the wifey can see what her make-up case is gonna look like.

I have a little experimenting to do tomorrow night. once some family leaves. We are unexpectedly going out of town today to visit an adopted family member who is entering hospice. gonna be rough to leave her later today.

5 Likes

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up :grin:

5 Likes