Leather Notebook Cover 3.5"x5.5"

Cut file for leather traveler’s notebook cover. Fits 3.5"x5.5" notebooks. I used these…
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085HJTD7H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also used proofgrade medium natural leather and 2mm elastic cord.

Cut cord about 14" long to hold notebook. From inside pass cord through outermost holes (top and bottom) then back through next holes. Knot on inside.
Cut cord about 8" long for closure loop. Inserted through 2 center holes and knotted on inside.

Add your own decorations.

notebookcover3.5x5.5 cordclosure.PDF (5.9 KB)

38 Likes

Wow - thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I already have the notebooks so I"ll be good to go!

2 Likes

Couple examples that I’ve made

17 Likes

Thank you for sharing this!

3 Likes

I like it, it’s how I put together my passport wallet/travel journal. I love travel journals and being able to add more pages.

15 Likes

Falling water and a Mini, I love them both. Thanks for the share and especially for including the notebooks that they fit.

4 Likes

Here is the file I used for the Mini notebook cover. I find using High Quality Score gives a good boarder for doing 2 color dyeing.
Mini with flag

7 Likes

Made that one for my wife who has always been a big FLW buff. We toured Fallingwater and a few of his other houses this past summer.

FYI - that one was cut from Houston Acrylics laserable leatherette. Works very nicely but limited colors.

Love this! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you! This could be useful for many different people. (Or multiple for grandkids!)

4 Likes

And another one…this one for my father, a retired Air Force pilot.

12 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

This is great looking and so portable. I have so many iatrogenic circulatory issues I can’t fly, so I don’t get to go with my husband on his fencing trips anymore (missed Machu Picchu and S. France!) He’ll probably get to go to more now that he’s ranked 10th in the US. If I make him one of these maybe he’ll remember what he took pictures of! And choosing decorations will be easy :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you!

One more…used the debossed patch shown in one of my other posts.
Also including files for round patch and notebook cover with stitch holes.
I used proofgrade medium leather for cover and thick leather for patch.

ROUND PATCH.PDF (9.9 KB)

notebookcover3.5x5.5 cordclosure roundpatch.PDF (9.4 KB)

7 Likes

Thanks you so much! Your results are beautiful.

1 Like

Thank you this is great, I love all the examples you’ve shared!