Leather patch logo engraving and cutting for baseball cap

Beautiful job! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Looks great! One of a kind…at least for now…will you make more?

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll probably make more for my family.

2 Likes

Excellent masking strategy—a lot of people forget that one. Nice logo too!

3 Likes

Very nice result.

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Excellent work!

1 Like

Yeah this looks great! Very well done

Very nice!

I never knew this was a ‘masking strategy’ for leather. Wouldn’t engraving without masking make a lot of sooty mess?

Hi Xabbess! Truthfully, I expected a sooty mess when I removed the masking for the engraving. I had read another thread about leather engraving and followed a fellow member’s instructions to remove the masking even though I had doubts… But it worked! There was very little soot to clean up. It easily wiped away with old t-shirt material.

1 Like

That looks great! Great masking trick! I will need to try that!

1 Like

Well, thanks for that! I have some leather work very imminent, so I’ll give that a try, too. Never would have guessed. I actually did engraving while leaving the masking on, and it still left some mess…so I will welcome a cleaner finish. Great looking patch!

1 Like

Very sharp looking.

I have been trying to make some patches and I can’t get the stitches to cut. I tried dashes and it didn’t recognize it as dashes and scores a line around instead. Any suggestions I am still very new to using my Glowforge even though I got it in Dec due to some health issues. I love how your patch came out . Thanks in advance

I used stitch holes courtesy of @emilycarolinemiller1! Find them here: Leather Stitch Holes SVG settings

1 Like

Thank you so much I will try that!

I love this, would you be able to share this file? I want to do the same thing with my GF & my own logo.

Forum rules do not allow us to ask others for their files. If someone wishes to share, they either put the file in the Free Laser Design sections or provide a link to their etsy or online shop.

For this particular item, the file would simply be the logo inside of a rectangle. Since you have your own logo, simply place it inside a rectangle. Go the the link for Leather Stitch Holes SVG settings referenced on Jun 7 and you should be good to go.

3 Likes

Love it!! Newbie question… I’ve never worked with leather and was wondering how you achieve this coloring with the natural proofgrade leather?