Leather Playing Card Case

First try at this leather playing card case. Need to make a couple small adjustments but it came out pretty good.

This one is for my parents. The story behind the graphic…

My mother has a social group with some friends and cousins that call themselves the Ladybugs. My father and some of the other husbands started referring to themselves as the Dung Beetles. My parents also get together with friends to play a card game called Cadillac.

43 Likes

Especially like the graphic you created.

8 Likes

Perfectly done!

5 Likes

Ah, I like it, innovative material choice. Well done.

9 Likes

Whelp, that is a perfectly adorable story about the graphic design! I bet your parents got a good laugh and fond smile for this gift!

9 Likes

Very nice! Cadillac…never heard of it. Will check it out!

5 Likes

Love the story! :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Very nicely done! They should love it!

3 Likes

Great job! Did you wet form it? I’ve been meaning to try that.

1 Like

At first, I did a little wet forming on the edges to make it easier to hand stitch. After it was sewn, I wet the inside, wrapped a deck of cards in plastic, and slid it into the cover.

4 Likes

You captured your parents’ wit perfectly. Nice execution, too.

6 Likes

Looks awesome!

3 Likes

Nice work. Jimmy Diresta posted recently a formed leather case similar. You are right up there with the greats!

5 Likes

Nice tip to use the pack of cards to shape during the wet forming. It looks fantastic. Very professional appearance.

3 Likes

Made a second case with a little adjustment to the flap for better fit. Also 3D printed a block to use in wet forming.

6 Likes