Leather pouch / bag

The night before I was leaving for a week’s vacation I realized I didn’t have a pouch that fits my phone. Made a mashup of a free-for-premium belt bag design in the catalog, and a pattern my friend sent me (changed the latch, resized the belt loops, and made the back and flap one piece instead of stitching them together), and now I have a pouch that fits my phone! :smiley:

The leather is from Tandy, the gilding is with Rub N’ Buff wax, and the stitching is with Tandy Leather’s pre-waxed cord. It took maybe an hour to stitch.

After a week+ in the heat, humidity, rain, dust, etc. it’s still looking good, and the aging process has been accelerated!

I still love this frickin’ machine!

40 Likes

Really nice job!

10 Likes

Fantastic, and even better that it is a night-before-vacation craft. I get in so much trouble with my spouse when I do those… :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

13 Likes

Nice job!

7 Likes

I love that you did this. Last minute ‘fixes’ are just the best. I think it was from you who I first learned about Rub n’ Buff, too. I’ve seldom used it, but this makes me want to try it on leather, which I’ve never done.

8 Likes

That is next level last minute panic project - beautifully done!

9 Likes

You have experienced the Sublime Event ™, that period in your life when need, a time limit, inspiration, knowledge, experience and materiel all came together in the right proportions.

11 Likes

I was trying to remember who I learned about it from!
Ah hah - it was a joint effort in this post:
https://community.glowforge.com/t/chicago-earrings-art-deco-style/

This forum really is amazing.

7 Likes

Very well said!

7 Likes

Excellent! I really like the gilded detail.

3 Likes

that is terrific

2 Likes

Well done!

1 Like