Leather scissor cover

Made my wife a pair of scissor covers for her very fancy pair of crochet scissors. She wanted something with a tealish color to it and chose The darker threads that ended up going perfectly with the sleeve. I ended up using the laser to cut the pattern and final product as I kept having blowouts with my regular leather punches. In hindsight,I did wayyyy too many holes, but she loves how it looks and how sturdy it is, once I find my black end finish I’ll put that on to make the edges less rough.

Till the next one!
-Hock

41 Likes

Very nice! I usually find my small scissors by getting poked with the open blade. I like your solution better.

15 Likes

She had a few projects get ruined because the blades are razer sharp, like drop a thread on them and the thread gets cut sharp. She saw the sleeve I made my for leather thread snips so asked for one as well :grin:

12 Likes

That turned out great! I’m sure your wife is well pleased.

10 Likes

She said she wants a second pair of scissors so she can have one to hook to her pants like a holster :rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

Heehee! Get her one of those keychains that hook to belt loops and stretches out. She can attach her scissors to it. You may need to make a little tab on the scissor holster that’ll fit through one of the finger holes so it won’t fall off. Then she’d have her scissors available when she needs them, and will still have the holster she wants too! :smile:

13 Likes

I’d probably make a second one with a larger hole punch near the top and use the hole grommet for a good hooking location.

8 Likes

Those would be for the full-size Ginghers,
ginghers

12 Likes

Oh hey look it’s the scissors my Mom almost unalived me for using on paper as a kid! :joy::rofl:

18 Likes

I am so proud of you. All of your leather work is awesome. I wish you could come to my home and see all the leather I own.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! You’ve been a big help in my learning process

2 Likes

This turned out great!

5 Likes

Thank you! I really do enjoy leatherwork when it doesn’t involve making my own gussets :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Happy wife happy life. Good job!

2 Likes

Great project, butI still wouldn’t suggest running with them.

2 Likes

But dadddddddddd :joy:

1 Like

That would imply that I like to run (you must have me confused with my brother the marathon runner)

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: My son just completed the Annual Joplin Run in memory of the 2011 Joplin Tornado. For the life of me I still don’t understand how anyone would want to run for fun… preservation of life, hordes of cash maybe even great food, but for fun???

3 Likes

I always told my mom growing up I was built for power not speed :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Very nice! I love the practical uses that are still so aesthetically pleasing!

2 Likes